A lovely summer dessert. Very easy and quick to prepare and will serve a decent crowd.
300ml thickened cream
50g pure icing sugar
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 500g packet savoiardi biscuits
2 oranges, juiced
1/2 cup Grand Marnier
4 mangos, sliced
Flaked almonds, to garnish
1. whip together mascarpone, cream, icing sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla until thick and smooth
2. combine the orange juice and Grand Marnier in a bowl big enough to dip the biscuits
3. place a 23cm springform cake tin on a serving plate (without the base). Spray the sides with olive oil spray or canola spray and line with baking paper.
4. take a biscuit, dip one side into the liquid for a few seconds, then place this side face up in the cake tin. Repeat until you have a layer of biscuits. You can cut a biscuit into smaller pieces to fill any gaps
5. cover the biscuit layer with 1/3 cream mixture, then layer with slices of mangoes
6. repeat until you have 3 layers. Garnish with flaked almonds.
7. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours (you could make the day before serving if desired, but don’t add the top layer of mango until ready to serve). Remove the springform tin and then the baking paper and smooth the sides with a knife if needed.