These easy to make biscotti are delicious. Next time I want to try throwing in a tablespoon of limoncello.
60g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
Finely grated rind of 2 small lemons
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
180g natural unshelled natural pistachios
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarb of soda
1 egg, extra
1. Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, and lemon. Add the 3 eggs one at a time until combined
2. Fold in flour, baking powder, bicarb, and nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
4. Halve the dough, shape into logs and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and reduce temperature to 160 degrees.
5. Allow logs to cool for 10 minutes, then slice into biscuits using a serrated knife, place on baking trays and bake for a further 15-20 minutes.