Great for breakfast, brunch, or lunch!
1 bunch silverbeet, stalks removed, chopped
2 reserved silverbeet stalks, diced
1 brown onion, diced
3 spring onions, diced
2tbsp olive oil
75g parmesan cheese, grated
1 egg, lightly beaten
12 sheets filo pastry
50g melted butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a pan, add onion, silverbeet stalks, saute until soft, add spring onions
2. Add silverbeet, a couple of tablespoons of water, season with salt and pepper and saute until silverbeet cooked (add more water if needed). Allow to cool and remove any excess liquid
3. Combine ricotta, parmesan, silverbeet mixture and mix thoroughly. Add egg and stir through
4. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
5. Lay out 2 sheets of filo pastry. Brush each sheet lightly with butter, and place another sheet on top of each sheet, and repeat, until you have two piles of 6 sheets.
6. Dividen the ricotta and silverbeet mixture in half, and spread along one each of the filo stacks, along the longer side. Roll each stack into a log
7. On a baking tray lined with baking paper, take one log and roll it into a scroll. Take the second log and place around the first. Brush with butter and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden.