These are easy to make biscuits that I have with my coffee. They aren’t particularly sweet. They aren’t hard like biscotti either, being more crumbly in texture. Five ingredients – doesn’t get much easier than this!
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
800-900g self raising flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
2. In an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar on high until thick and fluffy
3. Add vanilla and canola oil and whip for another 2 minutes
4. Fold in flour. Depending on the size of your eggs, you may need a little more flour if it looks too sticky. Start with 800g then add more if needed.
5. Divide the mixture into 5 portions, roll into logs, place on baking trays lined with baking paper (don’t put more than two on a tray), and then flatten each log with the palm of your hand, to about 2cm in heigh.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven, reduce temperature to 160 degrees. Allow logs to cool for 5 minutes, then slice into biscuits and lay out individually on baking trays
7. Return to oven for a further 15 minutes