Lemon tarts are great any time of year!
300g plain flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
100g cold unsalted butter, cubed
2 egg yolks
200g caster sugar
200ml double cream
Juice (strained) and finely grated rind of 3 lemons
Icing sugar for dusting
1. For pastry, place flour, sugar and butter into a food processor and pulse until it looks like breadcrumbs. Add egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of iced water and process until it comes together. Form into a disc, wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour
2. Roll pastry out on a lightly floured surface till about 5mm thick and line a 22cm tart tin, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 180 degrees. Line shell with baking paper, fill with weights or rice, and bake for 20 mins. Remove weights and bake for anotehr 5 mins or until slightly brown. Reduce oven to 150 degrees.
4. Meanwhile, place eggs and sugar in a bowl (or easier in a large jug if you have one) and whisk until sugar dissolved, add cream, lemon juice, and lemond rind and combine. Pour into tart shell and bake for 45 minutes or until just set.
5. Once cool, dust with icing sugar and serve.