Gorgeous little treats for any time of day.
1 cup pure icing sugar
125g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup plain flour
120g dark or milk chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Place hazelnuts on an oven tray and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and rub off skins. Allow to cool.
2. Process hazelnuts in a food processor until finely ground. Add icing sugar and pulse till combined. Add butter and process until creamy.
3. Remove from processor and gently stir in flour until combined. Use a teaspoon to scoop up a small amount of mix and roll into a ball. Press down very slightly.
4. Place on lined oven trays and bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
5. Melt chocolate in a glass bowl over a pot of boiled water and stir until smooth. Spread a small amount of chocolate on one side of a biscuit, then sandwich with another biscuit. Repeat with the remainder.