200g liquid glucose 500g caster sugar
150g slivered almonds 2tbsp lemon juice
250ml Marsala 500g fresh blueberries
5 eggs, separated 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
500g mascarpone 1 pandoro
2 mangoes, sliced
- Place lemon juice, 125g caster sugar, and 125ml marsala in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add blueberries and simmer on low heat for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool
- Place glucose and 250g caster sugar in a saucepan over low heat, stir till sugar has dissolved and then increase heat , stirring occasionally, until a golden caramel forms ( 5-10 mins). Add the almonds, stir through then pour onto some foil. Allow to cool then break into rough shards. Reserve a handful to garnish, place the remainder in a food processor and pulse until a fine powder forms
- Place egg yolks and remaining 125g caster sugar in a bowl and beat until thick and pale. Add the vanilla and mascarpone and beat until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggwhites until soft peaks form
- Gently fold eggwhite into mascarpone mixture
- Place a layer of pandoro in a serving dish, drizzle with some Marsala, then spread with one third of the mascarpone mixture. Top with on third of the mango, one third of the blueberries, and some of the crushed praline. Repeat the layers
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours
- When ready to serve, garnish with the praline shards
The original recipe appeared in Delicious magazine.